Saturday, June 25, 2011

Los Angeles IMATS

Today myself, Mama Cass and Mie of No Beauty Limits attended IMATS Los Angeles.  For those who aren't familiar, IMATS stands for the International Makeup Artist's Trade Show.  There are shows in several countries every year, including in New York and Los Angeles.  This was my first time attending and I am so glad that I was able to go.

We got up at the crack of dawn so that we could arrive early to get in line.  The doors opened at 8:30 and we arrived at 7:30... there was already a line!
Outside the convention center
Outfit shot for the day.
Top: DreamV
Skirt, bracelet: Forever 21
Tights: Star Couture
Sweater: Tralala
Bag, Necklace, Ring: Angelic Pretty
Pom Pom, Bow: Handmade
Shoes: American Eagle

Makeup shot

At around 8:15 they let us in for registration, and then we waited to be let into the hall.
Rush to get in the hall!

Every year the most popular brands are MAC and Makeup Forever.  We had a plan, and hit those booths first to avoid lines.  Fortunately this worked out well as we had the rest of the day to browse. 

There were some models walking around in very elaborate makeup.  Here's an owl person, it was quite creepy in real life!

This model was getting her makeup done all day.  When we came around towards the end of the day, she looked like this:
It was pretty amazing!

While walking around, we went to Anastasia Beauty, where I got my eyebrows done:
While it looked nice, I felt like it was a bit too angular and long.  They did have nice products though.

After looking around the Exhibitors Hall for quite a while, we went to a few panels.  The first was for Beauty So Clean.
Since the founder's birthday was today, they gave out cupcakes!  They were really delicious!
Due to my talent for remembering random facts, I won a brush cleaner.  I will review once I use it!
The next panel was the PurseBuzz panel.  She taught about doing summer makeup looks.  Unfortunately due to my seat I couldn't get too great of a picture.  She was really cute though, I loved her dress!  And she had some great tips and answered a lot of questions.
After her panel we returned to the Exhibit Hall.  This guy covered in glitter was at the MAC booth.
Some more awesome Special Effects makeup at the Crown Brushes booth.
The Inglot booth.  This brand has been taking the beauty world by storm, and were pretty crowded the whole time.  Because it was so crowded, I didn't get to get a good look at the eyeshadows, which is what is most popular from them.  However, I did get a loose powder (I had originally planned to get one from MAC, but they didn't bring any).  I will review once I get a chance to use it!

And... the haul!

Items that I purchased:
Inglot loose powder, Smashbox Primer, Royal Brushes set, MAC eyeshadows, MAC brush cleaner, Makeup Forever HD Foundation, Model in a Bottle fix spray, DUO eyelash glue
Freebies/Prizes:
Crown Brushes Brush Cleaner, Beauty So Clean Brush Cleaner, Bow from PurseBuzz, Stila Lipgloss (from PurseBuzz), Too Faced Primer, Napoleon Lipgloss, Crown Brushes eyeshadows, Model in a Bottle eye makeup remover, Crown Brushes powder brush, Crown Brushes lip liner

All in all, I am so glad that I went to this show!  It was amazing to see all the different products that are available, as well as the amazing makeup that people can do.  I do wish I had made time to see the Student Competition, since that would probably have been really interesting, but there was always something new to see in the Exhibit Hall! 

I will definitely be attending next year, and expect some reviews once I get to using the items I got!

2 comments:

  1. ahh so fun! i wanna go next year.
    i like your cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the Beauty So Clean Panel.. you knew like ALL the answers. I was like O.o what the heck how did she even remember all that..

    ReplyDelete