Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure

Yesterday, there was a special preview of the new Little Mermaid ride at Disney California Adventure for Annual Passholders.  Of course I had to go see it!
Unfortunately, I was not impressed with the ride.  Perhaps I was too hyped up about it, or spoiled by Star Tours, but it was just a big let down.  I felt like the Ariel animatronics were kind of strange looking... I know that they worked hard to make them realistic, but I still felt that they were very static looking.  I also felt that it was too short... they based it around the music, but I felt like they were trying to tell the story as well, and failed miserably.  If you've seen the movie, you know what is going on, but it just felt very short and choppy.  It's sad, since I had such high hopes for it :(

I did take some pictures, so here they are.  Don't look if you don't want to be spoiled!
This mural is in the front, where you get in the clams.  It's really big and really pretty!
The Ariel animatronic from "Under the Sea".  She kind of looks like an ice cream cone :/
The Ursula animatronic.  It was honestly the best one in the whole ride, she looks just like the movie and moves really well and has great facials.  She's also huge (8 feet tall)!
During "Kiss the Girl".  Eric looks like a creeper!
Animated scene of Ariel getting her voice back.
Happy Ending
King Triton.  We weren't sure why he got real hair while Ariel and Eric have rubber hair?
Ariel and Eric wedding
I tried to dress Ariel inspired... though I'm not sure how well it worked out haha!
Top- DreamV
Skirt- Tralala
Hairbow- Twinkle Wish

They also had special items for sale for the opening.
I got the Annual Passholder Collectors Coin and a pin for the ride.  They also had a print that I liked but I've run out of space to hang up art in my room

I'll be back on Friday for the grand opening of Star Tours!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry that sounded terrible, I like what you write what part of CA are you from?

    ReplyDelete