Sunday, June 5, 2011

Star Wars Opening Day

Friday was the official opening of the new and improved Star Tours.  I had already ridden it 3 times, but I got up early to go to the opening anyway... I love Star Wars and wanted to be there for this big event!
The line when I arrived.  I got there at around 7 am and was one of the first 500.  The first person arrived at 2:30 PM the previous afternoon!
Darth Goofy. 
Stormtrooper Donald

Unfortunately none of the people in line got to see the ceremony.  I got a few shots from the back, though you can't see much in them :/
Stormtroopers
More Stormtroopers
The line inside the park later
After riding I went to see Rapunzel and Flynn.  Unfortunately it wasn't my favorites.  But you can see my outfit lol
Top: Disneyland
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Converse
In front of the ride. 
And inside the ride  You can kind of see the bag I made here;  I appliqued the rebel symbol onto a bag.  It wasn't very well made but I made it in about and hour haha!  I hope I can make a better one, I quite like how it came out. 
Some of the items released were an R2D2 popcorn bucket and mug.  I got them both!  The mug is now holding pens and the popcorn bucket will hold stuff as well as soon as I figure out what I want to put in it. 

All in all it was a really fun day!  Again, I definitely recommend going on the ride if you get a chance!  I've been 6 times and still want to ride it more! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm super jealous you got to go! I require an Artoo mug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Darth Goofy's boxers
    That's good that you had a fun day! Despite not really being able to see the ceremony..

    ReplyDelete