Friday, May 20, 2011

Star Tours Preview

Today I was lucky enough to attend the Star Tours Preview at Disneyland!  This was a special event and we were the first people to ride it who weren't cast members/cast member guests.  My friend won and was nice enough to take me since she knows I love Star Wars so much.

Since we were to ride as soon as the park opened, we needed to get there very early; I ended up getting up at 4 am to get ready and get down to my friend's house to carpool to the park.  We ended up arriving at around 6 am. 
They had a photo area set up.  I wore my Star Wars tank top with the bottom half of my TRON outfit and Leia style hair.  Kind of boring but it was early.
Everything is from Forever 21 lol
At 8 am we were let into the park.  Here's the Marquis for the new ride. 
Inside the queue.  You can see the StarSpeeder 1000 with R2D2 on top.
C3PO is on hand for the technical work.
They have a large screen that displays things like destinations, commercials about places you can go and the weather.  It was in the process of changing languages when I took this picture. 
Close up of R2D2
A sign tells you where to find different departments, like in an airport.
This droid scans baggage.  From above, you can see what's inside the suitcases. 
The new ride is in 3D, so you need to wear "flight glasses".

The ride was amazing.  One new aspect is that there are 54 different combos of where you can go and who you encounter.  We encountered Darth Vader, Admiral Ackbar, and traveled to Hoth and Coruscant.  I can't wait to see the other combos also!

Myself with the poster that is at the front of the park. 

Afterwards we went to DCA because we heard there might be a soft opening of The Little Mermaid.  Unfortunately that wasn't true, but I did take a few pictures of the outside.


Now I'm super tired, but it was worth it!  I'll definitely be back on opening day to ride again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment