Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wig Review: Gothic and Lolita Wigs/Cosplay Wig USA

I figured I would do another review for everyone. 

Gothic and Lolita Wigs/Cosplay Wig USA is a company that has two separate lines: one aimed at cosplay, and one aimed at lolita.  However, I'm pretty sure they all come from the same supplier and are the same fibre.  I have 2 wigs from them, one from the cosplay line and one from the lolita line. 

The first wig I bought was the Rangiku Matsumoto wig from their cosplay line.  I bought it because I liked the color (I bought it at a convention, so I didn't even know it was a cosplay wig until later). 
Here it is worn.

For the most part, I like this wig a lot.  It's a nice color and it's comfortable.  However, I have 2 issues with it:
-It sheds a lot.  I always brush out my wigs after wear, and I always have a lot of fibres that have come loose when I brush it.  I'm not sure if this has to do with the type of fibres or how they are wefted, but it does shed a lot.
-One of the things that is advertised on the website is that the wigs have "high temperature fibre".  In my experience, this means you can use up to 400 degree F on it, so I decided to straighten the wig using my flat iron.  I used it on a low setting, and it melted.  Fortunately, I started at the back and bottom, so it didn't affect the wig when worn.  But it did irritate me.  I later found out that you can only use 180 degrees F on their wigs.  Personally, I don't consider this to be "high temperature", so I felt a bit misled by this claim. 

The other wig that I own is the Classic Lolita Wavy Wig. 
Now, I love this wig.  I bought it after seeing my roommate's, and loving it.  It's comfortable, cute, and doesn't tangle.  I haven't had to do any restyling on it or anything after wearing it a few times.  I'm considering buying this wig in other colors as well, because I really love it.

It was listed as light brown on the website, when to me it looks blonde.  It looks slightly darker on the website, although I'd still call it blonde there.

As for customer service, I e-mailed them after the melting incident on the red wig, and I never got a response.  This is the only time that I've contacted them, so I can't say that they have very good customer service. 

Overall, the wigs are nice, but the customer service and such is somewhat lacking.  This wouldn't deter me from buying wigs from them in future, but only if I'm sure of what it looks like and it didn't need any styling. 

For the wigs, I would rate them 4/5.  As for customer service, I'd rate it 2.5/5.  They are very friendly and helpful in person at conventions, but they are not very good when it comes to online service and what they put on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment