Friday, May 27, 2011

Soundsational

Today was another big day at Disneyland: the debut of their newest parade, Soundsational.  I was really excited for a new parade since I've been missing Parade of Dreams ever since it was canceled. 

I was also hoping for soft openings of Star Tours and/or The Little Mermaid, there were none for Star Tours, but they had some for The Little Mermaid.  Unfortunately, they had technical problems and by the time we got there they were no longer running :(  I'll have to wait for the Annual Passholder preview next week to see it. 

I watched Soundsational twice, and for the most part, it was a really good parade.  However, it did not live up to Parade of Dreams or the parade I saw at Tokyo Disneyland.  The biggest aspect to me was costumes... they just weren't as elaborate as those from other parades.  The only one I really liked was Rapunzel, since she had a ton of hair and her costume was detailed. 

Here are some pictures of my favorite parts of the parade:
Dancers from the Aladdin section. I liked these costumes the most out of all the dancers. 
The Little Mermaid segment.  You can see the floats and dancers here, it was pretty vibrant and fun!
Ariel.  I didn't like the end of the fin since it looks really static.  I much preferred the other style that has been used before.  She also looks pretty unstable up there!
The princess float.  While I love the look of it, I found it rather boring that the princesses didn't really move.  I wish they would have danced, or done anything other than just sit and wave.  Rapunzel was the only one who moved, and it was kind of just swaying back and forth. 
Aurora.  I was really disappointed in her costume and the fact that she just sat there :/ 
Rapunzel.  Unfortunately you can't see too much of her costume here.
You can see a bit more here.  As you can see, she has her long hair, and it is draped over her arm and continues on the floor.  I really liked the wig, I kind of want to make a super long one like this!
Belle.  I did like how they made her kind of flowery inspired. 
The opening float, which features Mickey drumming. 

These are only a few parts of the parade, I encourage you to see it if you go to Disneyland! 

Of course now I want to make a new blinged out Rapunzel costume with a super long, ropelike wig like hers.  I'd probably add more rhinestones to it though, since I love adding rhinestones to things. 

Outfit shot.  Kind of boring today haha!
Dress, Locket: Forever 21
Rose Necklace: Renaissance Faire
Other: offbrand

All in all it was a fun day, though I'm pretty tired now! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pics and your outfit looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete