Monday, November 22, 2010

November Events

This month has been quite eventful!

Last weekend was particularly busy, as it was both the opening weekend of Sanrio's 50th Anniversary Event "Small Gift", as well as PMX.

The first event was the Sanrio VIP party, which I was fortunate enough to attend as a volunteer for Japan LA, who curated the art exhibit.  While I spent most of the night watching over the art, I was able to get some pictures.
I wore my Swan Lake JSK and tried to coordinate it like a ballet costume, with a bun and such.  I'm not sure how much I liked it, I wish I could have worn pointe shoes to get the full effect!
 Myself and my friends on the red carpet!  I am in the center.
Outfit Rundown:
JSK: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Blouse, Shoes: Angelic Pretty
Tights: Capezio

We were also lucky enough to meet a few designers.   The first was the designer of the character Cinnomonroll, who happens to be a lolita as well!  She was wearing a lovely Baby JSK and wanted to take a picture with us.  Because of the language barrier we couldn't talk much, but she seemed very sweet.
We also met the designer for Alice and the Pirates, who was attending the event before attending PMX as a Guest of Honor.  She was very nice as well and seemed quite excited that I was wearing Baby.
All in all the event was fun although I didn't experience much of it due to working.

The next day was the first day of PMX.  I went and was excited to see that Innocent World had no markup.  I ended up buying a JSK from them, and I really love it.  In fact, I've begun to transfer over to classical.
JSK, Socks: Innocent World
Blouse: Metamorphose
Shoes: Offbrand
I actually wore this on Sunday.

Saturday was the I <3 Nerds party at the Sanrio event.  I was working again, but I decided to dress in theme.  So I dressed as Hermione, because she is the biggest nerd I could think of!
Myself and friends at the party.

Sunday was the final day of PMX and I wore the Innocent World coordinate above.  It was a pretty laid back day.

On Thursday night, it was time to camp out for the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1.  I saw it with my friend Ashley and dressed up as Hermione again!
A picture while sitting in line.  I was glad for the robes since it was cold!

Friday we woke up and got ready for the TRON Legacy Pop up Shop at Royal/T.  Myself and 2 of my friends wore TRON themed outfits that we coordinated.

Us in front of the pop up shop.  All of our outfits were coordinated from mostly items from Forever 21.  The shop was pretty cool, but also expensive, so we didn't buy anything.  Maybe one day when i have more money!

They even had TRON themed furniture, so we posed on it.

Later that night we headed to ElecTRONica at Disneyland for dancing and fun.  They now have a prop lightcycle on display, so I took a picture with it.


Saturday was the 80's Prom themed party at the Sanrio event.  I didn't really dress in theme, I just wore a prom dress I had from high school when I did cotillion.
Ari was a super awesome Glam Rocker and took a prom date pic with me!

Today was the last day of the Sanrio event, which was sad.  However, the Holidays are upon us, so I'm sure many new adventures will be on their way!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a lot of fun recently! Love the IW jsk on you, it's very elegant. I wish I could pull off the longer jsks so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, I like it a lot too! I'm sure you could pull off the long version too, the short version was just a bit too short on me.

    ReplyDelete